Laura Versus the World

I'm 25, working in the Hague, the Netherlands, for the Office of the Prosecutor for the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia. I also travel and party a lot!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

She's Left Home!!!

I'm writing this from my laptop at London Bridge Station in London - I love wireless internet!

So, I've made it to London - the flight was fine, and then the fun really started!

The woman at immigration at Heathrow told me off for not having the precise address of the place I'm staying at on my immigration card - London immigration is always so mean!

Then at the train station I found that the thirty pounds I had found in my room when cleaning up were actually now out of date, so no longer accepted as currency!

But then on the up side, I found my way via the Tube to London Bridge, including a number of changes and long corridors dragging my bag, and a nice guard helped carry my bags down the stairs!
And I've worked out wireless on my internet, and found the meeting spot to meet Ana, so all is now going well!

So, the score as I see it is - World: 2; Laura: 3. The odds are still working in my favour!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was the guard hot?

     
  • At 1:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey hon - glad you arrived safely and everything - very exciting that it is all happening!
    Make sure you take photos of absolutely everything so i can live vicariously through you!
    Allison

     
  • At 3:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have always found London immigration officials to be most helpful and polite. Perhaps they treat colonials differently? Enjoy!

     
  • At 10:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha that's right. because if the guard was hot then it's probably something like:

    World: 2.

    Laura: 4.

    glad to hear you're doing well against the competition.

    xox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home