Laura Versus the World

I'm 25, working in the Hague, the Netherlands, for the Office of the Prosecutor for the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia. I also travel and party a lot!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Fun in the Treehouses and Side

There are signs at the Kadir Treehouses that say "I came, I saw, I stayed and stayed and stayed and stayed ...", and after planning to spend 2 days there, and actually spending 6, I see exactly what they mean!

I had a lovely time at the Treehouses - although Claire and Andres were on a diving course all day, and Ana and Kieran had gone to Side, and South African Claire had gone back to London, there was plenty to do - I spent most of the days at the beach, relaxing in the sun and the pebbles, and every night dancing and partying hard at the Bull Bar, the cheesy but fun bar at the hostel, with lots of great Turkish pop as well as other fun music!




On the Monday, I went out on the diving boat with Claire & Andres, as their dive was combined with a general boat trip, so I lay around and swam with beautiful views! This photo below is of some of the caves that they were diving in!



It was quite sad leaving the treehouses, as I had really been enjoying the relaxed atmosphere, but I think it was also time to go, as I was craving meat and a hot shower, and a clean bed!

On Tuesday night, Claire & I headed to Side, where Ana and Kieran were with our self-catering apartment - it was quite a mission, as we had to catch a 20 minute bus from the Treehouses to the main road, then a bus to Antalya, about an hour away, then a bus to Side, which was another hour, then a taxi to where we were actually staying! The last part was the most difficult, as Side is mostly still under construction, so our street wasn't finished or named, so directing taxis proved slightly problematic! But we eventually found it, and were able to benefit from dinner with meat, a hot shower, and a clean bed in a room with just the two of us - luxury!

We spent the next two days at Side, which is a cute little touristy town on the coast at the bottom of Turkey - lots of shopping, lovely old ruins, and a resort-type apartment with a pool full of English people on holidays - always a joy!


On the Wednesday night we went to Club Apollo, which is situated within the ruins of the Temple Apollo, and is a very cheesy nightclub, including pole dancers! By the end of the night, we were pole dancing too - lots of fun!

This was where I also heard my favourite pick up line - Turkish men are very forward, but this guy who was dancing near me takes the cake - the entire conversation was "Where are you from?", "Have you got boyfriend?", then after about 10 minutes more of dancing, "Kiss me."!!! I laughed and walked away, but was quite amused by the obvious focus on what he considered the most important information!!!
The last photo was taken on Andres' phone camera, which is why it's a bit blurry :-)




L-R: Claire, Andres, me, Ana, Kieran.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh my god I want to go to TUrkey!!!! It looks so awesome!!!! Miss you hunny!

     
  • At 4:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey babes,

    Thank you for your amazing company in turkey. Miss your fab smily face already. But, remember Greece-Turkey 07!
    Have a fantastic time in Denmark and go get those Danes. xxx ana

     
  • At 8:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Turkey looks like an awesome place to be. Very jealous at the moment. What's the current score Laur?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home